Thursday, September 20, 2007

First Day of Practicum

My first day of practicum at Artesian Drive was above and beyond anything I expected. The school is extremely organized and has a lively spirit, with lots of extracurricular activities, parent involvement and staff collaboration. The teachers have groups designated for their grades and they actively support each other. I was a little anxious before I got to the school but as soon as I met my associate teacher and began to get to know students and other staff, I felt a great sense of community and acceptance.



I would like to comment on something that I think is extremely valuable. During the staff meeting, teachers and other staff were sharing their last year's accomplishments through power point presentations. After talking to some of the teachers about their experiences, I found that this kind of sharing process is a motivational factor for teachers to remain engaged with the school. These experiences also provide the teachers with a sense of togetherness and support. I am really excited and looking forward to practicum days !!!

No comments: